Ivywood Trading ( Pty) Ltd. T/A V8 Roadhouse Privacy Notice
Protecting your privacy is especially important to us.
Ivywood Trading ( Pty) Ltd. T/A V8 Roadhouse is committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 in relation to the processing of your personal information.
The purpose of this policy is to describe how and why we collect, store, use, share or otherwise process your personal information. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us if you have a question or complaint
Who we are:
We are a Family Restaurant
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- HR Information. Client booking information with their names and contact numbers
- Covid Register Client Information
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Customer Reservation Bookings
- COVID Register Names and Contact Details
- Emails from Customers with their names and contact numbers
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Online Bookings made by customers on our website
- Social media feedback
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Make bookings for customers
- Marketing of promotions
We may share this information with:
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
We may hold your personal information in electronic or in hard copy form. We keep this information at our own premises on internal hardware storage, computer storage and in files locked in cabinets. We update these safeguards from time to time in order to address new and emerging security threats. We also train our people on privacy matters as appropriate and seek to limit access to personal information to those of our people who need to know that information. We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information that is in our possession against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, in accordance with applicable law. Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information that is in our possession has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, we will notify the relevant regulator and you, unless a public body responsible for detection, prevention or investigation of offences or the relevant regulator informs us that notifying you will impede a criminal investigation.
We keep your information for 5 years. We will then dispose your information by shredding all documentation after 5 years.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com Heinrich Kruger . We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Ivywood Trading ( Pty) Ltd. T/A V8 Roadhouse to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Ivywood Trading ( Pty) Ltd. T/A V8 Roadhouse will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Heinrich Kruger/ Lisa Zoghby will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Ivywood Trading ( Pty) Ltd. T/A V8 Roadhouse from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at (012) 253 0315 and speak with Heinrich Kruger or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Heinrich Kruger
Address: 92 Tielmann Street , Schoemansville, Hartbeespoortdam
Phone Number: ( 012) 253 0315
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Heinrich Kruger / email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za